Statement of Intent

Wednesday 6th September 2023

Statement of Intent


How do you intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your chosen brief? (400 Words) 


Main product: The main overarching idea for my main product will be creating horror magazines that are based on old horror films, this will fit into my genre because my genre is horror. This will attract my specific audience (16-25) because I will use graphic and layout techniques that appeal to my audience, my audience are also media literate which the name of the magazine itself is a reference. Bauer Media’s values are trust, passion, excellence and entrepreneurship, I will meet these core values by ensuring my brand ‘Necropolis’ is consistent across all formats. My mise-en-scene will be all grunge themed so it relates to my genre, camerawork shaky so it portrays that panic-like affect. Text and images will have representations of horror, text will differ from magazine but will have a creepy effect like skeletal, dripping and other type of fonts, this will attract my horror audience because I’m keeping within the conventions of horror magazines. 

 

Website: For my website I will be inspired by Rue Morgue’s layout as well as looking at other horror-like websites so I can get a design that matches my genre. My design choices are going to be bold, featuring my magazines on the home page so they are instantly intrigued by the product, it will all follow horror conventions as well as the layout complimenting each other. There will be references to other pages on the home page so it displays most of the information about the website, there will be a home page, about page, features page, reviews page and a Patreon page for the supporters, it will also feature social medias on the side of each page, these social medias will be Facebook, twitter, Instagram and YouTube. My website will allow for interactivity by featuring features and reviews that the audience can read further into, as well as our first two magazine issues ready for order, our first products will be the biggest on the home page since I want to create as much attention to it as possible. It will also reflect the publisher (Bauer) by having the logo on each page as well as following the values of the publisher. It will also have other page which will be the about page where the audience can learn more about Necropolis as well as exclusive content.

 

 

How do you intend to link your media products to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the digitally convergent nature of your media production? (100 Words) 

I can appeal to these 16–25-year-olds in many ways, as my magazine is going to be horror related, I will use certain images, logos, typefaces and colours all grunge themed, this will create a sense of branding and brand identity, this will appeal to the media aware younger audience since they will be able to spot the connotations, even the title of my magazine ‘Necropolis’ is inspired by an old fantasy horror movie film. I will use my main product on my website and vice versa by using constant features (like end title cards) between both and rewards that entices the viewer to explore further into the brand.  

Comments

Popular Posts